Disaster Recovery Planning
How many times have you said: 'I know! I do have an external hard drive, but it's been a while since I've made a backup'? We normally say this AFTER the computer or server crashed or got stolen.
Good news is that you've now found us, and we can prevent this from happening again!!
Service offerings around Disaster Recovery:
Offsite backup servers
- The technology / product we specialise in when it comes to corporate/server backups is Ultrabac.
- We collect backup media from your site and restore it on a server hosted with us. Should anything go wrong on your site, we simply pick up your backup server and install it at your offices. You'll be up and running in no time!
- It's important to remember that your backed up data is only as good as the possibility of restoring this data. This is why we believe that restoring your data regularly is critical to the success of your Disaster Recovery plan.
- Another critical part of your Disaster Recovery Plan is to make sure that all data that is critical to your business is, in fact, backed up. We'll sit with you and setup the schedules in order to make sure that you're fully covered.
- Should you feel offsite restores is too intense for your operation, we offer the option of keeping an eye on your backups and assisting should something go wrong or a backup fail.
For individual backups, our product of choice is Sureback. With this technology backups run automatically as long as the device is connected to the internet. The beauty of this product, is that only changed files are backed up – not all information, so bandwidth utilization is kept to a minimum. Information transported across the internet is encrypted and not susceptible to hacking/interception.
Something to keep in mind when deciding on a Disaster Recovery setup and procedure, is that Document Management forms part of making sure you can pick up and carry on should disaster strike. Our Solution offers the functionality to scan documents in a tamper proof format that can ultimately be used as original documents. This is very handy for personal documents like vehicle licenses and appliance warranty documents as well.
So, should Disaster strike and your office is burnt down or totally flooded, your information and documentation is completely safe!